As we all adapt to living and leading during the COVID-19 outbreak, Up to Us remains committed to our community’s health and safety, first and foremost. During these dynamic circumstances, we are committed to keeping you updated on how Up to Us is adapting opportunities and highlighting resources for you to stay informed and engaged.
Reflections on the COVID-19 crisis and our mission
Up to Us believes that creating a more sound and sustainable fiscal future allows us to not only address critical and urgent needs facing our country today but also to prioritize the issue areas that are most important to our generation’s collective future. The current health pandemic caused by COVID-19 requires our lawmakers to pass significant fiscal stimulus in order to meet the critical needs of our country’s health and economy.
It’s times like these that prove the importance of our mission to strive for fiscal flexibility in our budget so that we can respond aggressively and promptly to national crises. Once our nation and world are able to recover from this crisis, Up to Us will continue to push creative thinking and collaborative dialogue on the risk presented by America’s overwhelming debt.
This page will be continuously updated with resources and tools surrounding the economic effects we are facing both in the U.S. and globally, as well as with information for the Up to Us leaders and teams on the front line of action.
(last updated as of Friday, April 3, 2020)
On our blog:
- CARES Act Breakdown and Impact
- How Fiscal Policy Can Help During a COVID-19 Recession
- Healthcare Costs Concerning for Voters
- What Coronavirus Means for a Shifting Higher Education Landscape
From our partners:
- What’s In The CARES Act? Here’s A Summary — Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- How Can Fiscal Policy Help Address A Coronavirus-Induced Recession? — Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- COVID-19: Local-Global Learning and Civic Resources — Campus Compact
- CGI partners support immediate recovery and response to COVID-19 — Clinton Global Initiative
Continual coverage of economic effects
The situation and impacts of COVID-19 changes daily. While Up to Us appreciates that our network is eager to understand the short and long-term impact the pandemic will have on our economy, it is difficult to say with certainty the scope and timing of impacts. In the meantime, our team is monitoring the situation and working to gather the best information available with the hopes of continuing to provide your tools and resources to stay informed and engaged.